Tennis.
Becoming increasingly frustrated with the amount of RAM that Firefox clogs up. So much so that I am currently using Safari to post this up.
So far what has tempted me to use Firefox would be the extensive extensions that it is able to cater. But with Firefox 3 up and running, many of my favourite extensions such as 'Tab Mix Plus' were not compatible with the new and 'improved' version of firefox. Guess I am sticking to the slick and speedy Safari for the time-being.
Besides all that, The Wimbledon Men's Singles Final is currently going on. In this point of time, they have stopped momentarily due to the downpour.
Caught snippets of the first few sets and I am seriously amazed and appalled by the standards of the Top 2 that are competing against one another.
You would catch Federer bleaching out a amazing shot, and another moment you would see Nadal using his pace to the its full extent by returning an angled ball.
Amazing stuff! If not for the heavy downpour, I would still be on the couch.
Besides that, I have realised that I have taken a liking to a few argumentative articles written in papers these days. These articles are not really argumentative, but you can roughly see the point that they are trying to get across.
Take instance, today's Sunday Times. The front page article for the Lifestyle section was about Singaporeans being simply too sloppy when they go out. For example, at Orchard, you would be able to catch many clad in the Shirt-Bermudas-FlipFlops Combo.
I particularly loved the essay/article on page 3, whereby the journalist had written about how he had disliked and not approved of the sloppiness of Singaporeans.
In particular, I loved the wit and the language sophistication of the author. Not just in one such article, but also in books. The wit and cheekiness exhibited left me in awe.
Better get a rest! Going for an Audio Crew Meeting tomorrow!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home